Josef Loukota fights to help fellow Veterans receive the disability benefits they have earned. Joe served for six years in the U.S. Navy as an aircraft safety equipment mechanic and shop supervisor. He has deployed on CVN-74 for a Western Pacific deployment, as well as to Iraq in support of Operation New Dawn. He has earned the Enlisted Aviation Warfare Specialist insignia, two Navy Achievement Medals, and the Navy Good Conduct Medal.
Joe earned his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Nebraska at Omaha, before earning his J.D. with distinction from the University of Nebraska College of Law. Prior to joining Berry Law as a law clerk, Joe worked with Legal Aid of Nebraska as part of a Veteran-to-farmer outreach program. Joe also worked at the University of Nebraska at Omaha Military and Veteran Services Office as part of a team helping Veterans access their G.I. Bill education benefits.
When he is not assisting his fellow Veterans, Joe enjoys reading about history, learning to cook new foods, and following several sports teams.
Areas of Practice
- Veteran’s Benefits Appeals
- Federal District of Nebraska
- University of Nebraska at Omaha – B.S. Political Science, magna cum laude, 2016
- University of Nebraska College of Law – J.D. with distinction, 2019
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – International Trade Law
- J.D. with Distinction
Prior Legal Work Experience
- Legal Aid of Nebraska, Farm & Ranch Project Clerk, Veteran’s Outreach - 2016