This position is in Lincoln, NE. Click here to apply now.
Job Summary (basic description): This position involves working with multiple attorneys, providing a full range of support, including, but not limited to, preparation/revision of correspondence, first drafts of corporate documents, estate planning documents, probate pleadings, bankruptcy forms, research, client contact. Must be exceptionally detail oriented and have excellent grammar and proofreading skills. Applicants with a history of success in supporting an attorney in estate planning, probate, corporate, business, and bankruptcy will be given preference.
Other duties will include first drafts of pleadings and contracts, calendar maintenance for assigned attorneys; filing pleadings. Position will also manage e-discovery, redaction, duplicating and indexing documents, service of process. With attorney supervision prepare chronologies of facts and perform research, organize pleadings, exhibits, and appendices for filings, organize relevant documents for attorney review for witness interviews and depositions, and assist attorneys in all steps of trial preparation.
Engaged in the work of the attorney by demonstrating knowledge and status of current cases and projects.
- Provide support for up to three attorneys in transactional and litigation matters and backup support as needed.
- Assist with preparation of pleadings and discovery in federal and state court matters and arbitration proceedings.
- Assist with preparation of federal and state administrative filings.
- Analyze, review and organize documents and data from materials produced during discovery; and, prepare/coordinate document production and responses to discovery requests.
- Prepare deposition and record subpoenas according to state and federal regulations; coordinate production of third-party records and summarize some; prepare deposition outlines and summaries.
- Analyze and review privileged documents.
- Trial and arbitration preparation; preparation and management of trial exhibits and other trial related assistance.
- Answer phones and communicate with clients daily.
- Act as liaison between internal departments and outside agencies.
- Prepare/revise correspondence, pleadings, documents and other clerical assignments.
- Handle a wide variety of complex and confidential, time-sensitive material.
- Run conflict checks and open new client engagements as requested.
- Maintain calendars, CLE, reports and time records.
- Transportation–make changes to reservations as needed.
- Maintain docketing for attorneys.
- Schedule depositions.
- Handle various office and client filing; proofreading documents.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.