This position is in Lincoln, NE. Click here to apply now.
We are seeking a legal assistant to work along-side our trial attorneys. Our ideal applicant enjoys working in a fast-paced and exciting environment. Our team members who excel at this position constantly seek learning opportunities and love challenges. Please submit a cover letter and resume with work history and salary requirements. Your resume should be in PDF form.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Applicant must be detail oriented and possess excellent grammar and proofreading skills. Duties include compose drafts of pleadings, maintain calendars, electronically file pleadings, manage e-discovery and index documents. Additionally, with attorney supervision, prepare chronologies of facts and perform research, organize pleadings, exhibits, and appendices for filings, organize relevant documents for attorney review for witness interviews and depositions, and assist attorneys in all steps of trial preparation.
- Professional communication skills: verbal, written, business correspondence, electronic
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Customer service/sales experience preferred
- High school diploma
- Positive work attitude and the desire to grow within the business environment
- Contingent upon favorable professional references and criminal background investigation
- Military experience preferred but not required
HOURS – 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri
COMPENSATION – Commensurate with experience. Health insurance, 401k, and paid vacation and holidays.
Job Type: Full-time