Emily Weiss is an accredited VA appeals attorney who helps Veterans in their fight for disability compensation. The daughter of a retired Navy Veteran and the wife of a disabled Army Veteran, Emily has firsthand knowledge of the struggles Veterans face on a day-to-day basis when dealing with the bureaucracy of the VA. Because of her experiences, she is committed to assisting Veterans navigate the often difficult and confusing VA system to obtain the disability benefits they deserve.
Emily has been involved with Veteran advocacy since her freshman year at the University of South Dakota. As a member of the USD Veteran’s Club there, she was able to assist in passing both State law and University policy to improve the experience of Veterans, dependents, and other military community members. She continued her goal of improving the lives of Veterans while working as a legal fellow for the US Senate Committee for Veterans’ Affairs in 2016. Emily is also a member of the National Organization of Veterans Advocates (NOVA).
Emily received her bachelor’s degree in Political Science from the University of South Dakota before completing her Juris Doctor and Master of Science from Creighton University School of Law in 2017.
When she is not advocating on behalf of Veterans, Emily enjoys quilting, scrapbooking, and the occasional video game binge.
Areas of Practice
- Veterans' Disability Claims
- VA Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- BA in Political Science – University of South Dakota (2014)
- MS in Government Organization and Leadership – Creighton University School of Law (2017)
- JD from Creighton University School of Law (2017)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- National Organization for Veterans Advocates (NOVA), Member
- Young Lawyers Division Treasurer, Omaha Bar Association: 2015 - Present
- Member, Iowa Bar Association: 2016 – 2018
- Member, Nebraska Bar Association: 2017 – 2018