Perry A. Pirsch has over 15 years of experience in the practice of law. He joined the Berry Law Firm in 2009, working on appellate advocacy issues, successfully assisting numerous veterans before the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, as well as assisting other clients in corporate and employment law, litigation, government affairs, divorce. and estate planning.
Prior to joining Berry Law Firm, Perry served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Nebraska in Civil Litigation (1998-2000), Legislative Counsel to U.S. Rep. Lee Terry (R-NE) (2003-2004), General Counsel to the Nebraska State Auditor of Public Accounts (2004-2007), and Deputy and Counsel to the Nebraska State Treasurer (2007-2008). From 2000 to 2009, he also served part-time as an Associate Counsel at Pirsch & Associates.
Perry received his Juris Doctorate (JD) from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) College of Law in 1998 and Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Political Science from UNL in 1994. He also holds a Masters in Public and Nonprofit Administration (MPA) from George Mason University and received a Masters in Journalism (MA) from UNL.
Perry is licensed in both state and federal courts in Nebraska, the District of Columbia, the Court of Appeals for Veterans’ Claims, and the United States Tax Court.
Perry is also a published author of a law review article (William and Mary Policy Journal), Attorney General Opinions, law article, and fiction.
Areas of Practice
- Appeals for Veterans Claims
- Corporate and Employment Law
- Government Affairs
- Estate Planning
- Nebraska, 1998
- District of Columbia, 2000
- U.S. Tax Court, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, 2009
- University of Nebraska College of Law, Lincoln, Nebraska
- J.D. – 1998
- University of Nebraska College of Arts and Sciences, Lincoln, NE
- PhD (Political Science) – 2020 (projected)
- University of Nebraska College of Journalism, Lincoln, Nebraska
- MA — 2013
- George Mason University
- M.P.A – 2003
- University of Nebraska
- B.A. – 1994
Past Employment Positions
- State of Nebraska, Civil Litigation Section Assistant Attorney General, 1998 – 2000
- Congressman Lee Terry (R-NE), Legislative Counsel, 2003 – 2004
- Nebraska Auditor of Public Accounts, General Counsel, 2004 – 2007
- Nebraska State Treasurer Deputy and Counsel , 2007 – 2008
- Pirsch & Associates, PLLC, Associate Counsel, 2000 – 2009